Baingan Ka Bhartha | Roasted Eggplant | बिंगन का भारता
- 2 medium onions (minced)
- 1 medium eggplant
- 1 green chili pepper (chopped)
- 1 large tomato (chopped)
- 5 cloves garlic
- 4 tbsp coriander (chopped)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp ginger (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- Pre-heat oven to broil.
- Cut 3 or 4 Xs in eggplant with a paring knife and insert whole cloves of garlic.
- Roast eggplant in a deep pan for 20 minutes, until it is brown and soft.
- Remove skin and mash the meat of the eggplant, leaving some chunks.
- Heat vegetable oil in a frying pan and add onion.
- Sauté onion for 3 minutes until translucent.
- Add green chili, ginger, and red chili powder.
- Then add eggplant, chopped tomatoes, and half the coriander.
- Cook for 7 minutes at medium heat until all the liquid evaporates.
Garnish with remaining coriander leaves. Serve with pita bread.