Matar Pulao | Green Peas Pilaf | मटर पुलाव
- 1 cup basmati rice
- ½ cup frozen green peas
- ½ package paneer cut in squares
- 1 medium onion (sliced in wedges)
- 1 tsp salt
- Vegetable oil or ghee for frying
- Fresh coriander for garnish
- 5 cloves
- 4 black cardamom pods
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 whole red chilies
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp cumin seed
- Wash rice and soak for 30 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a deep pot sauté onions in oil until golden brown.
- Add dry spices and stir until cumin seeds start to pop.
- Add peas and then add paneer.
- Add drained rice and 2 cups of water to the pot. Bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, cover with lid and reduce heat to medium.
- After 5 minutes, reduce heat to low.
- Turn off heat after another 5 minutes but keep the pot on stove. In another 5 minutes the pulao is ready to serve.
Garnish with chopped coriander.